Public Tours of Hancher Auditorium
1 more date(s)
The Hancher Guild offers public tours of Hancher Auditorium occasionally at 11:30 a.m. and at 1:00 p.m. The tour schedule is listed at https://hancher.uiowa.edu/PublicTours.
Meet in the lobby prior to a tour's starting time, and your tour guide will greet and guide you or your small group through Hancher's facilities. A tour takes approximately one hour and usually includes Smith Lobby, Strauss Rehearsal Hall, backstage, Hadley Stage and Hancher Auditorium, and Stanley Café.
- Hancher's tours are free, and reservations are not required for public tours.
- Use Entrance 2 (ENT 2), located on the west side and directly off the small curved lot. The main entrance (ENT 1) is locked unless a scheduled event is occurring in Hancher.
- It would be helpful to send an email to the Guild in advance if a group of 10 or more people is planning to take a tour.
- The minimum age recommended to enjoy our tours is 8 years old.
- Hancher was designed to be fully accessible to all members of the community.
- The Hancher Showcase will be open, too, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact the sponsoring department or contact person listed in advance of the event.